Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Best Thing I've Ever Done

Just a quick note on teacher blogs: best thing I've ever done. I have two. The first blog communicates assignments due, afterthoughts, a re-cap of the day etc. If a student is absent and asked what he/she missed, I can say, "Check the class blog." This blog also serves as my journal and helps me to self-reflect and see what is needed.
It isn't all business either; students see that I write and reflect too-I do what I ask them to do.
The second blog is for posting student writing. Each student is required to make 5 comments on other writers' work. When I visit the writing blog and see the comments that students are making about each others' writing, I see that something positive is happening. Students have an audience.

2 comments:

  1. Fun to see your posts, Pat! It looks as if you are loving teaching. We should get together to chat sometime. :) Are you interested in branching out into some service to the teaching community? I am looking for a few hardy and brilliant souls who want to get involved with UCTE/LA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed your comment. Let me know what it entails. Sounds interesting-though I don't know if I fit the requirement of hardy or brilliant.

    I do love LA. I just took a group of students there to visit the Museum of Tolerance, the Holocaust museum and the Getty-so I'd be a resource for the fun part!

    ReplyDelete